Walktober is a month-long celebration of walking and an opportunity to create dialogue about walkability issues in the CRD. All you have to do to participate is
- visit walktober.stridekick.com to register; or
- download the Stridekick app to your phone and search for challenge code 102016
Stridekick is an online platform that enables anyone with a FitBit, smartphone fitness tracker, or other device to join the Walktober challenge. We’re challenging CRD residents to walk at least 10,000 steps per day and to see how much they can walk in total over the month of October.
- Compete against your friends and colleagues
- Win prizes, like a brand-new FitBit
- See how you compare against our Walktober Champions, like Mayor Lisa Helps
- Challenge yourself to walk more for fun, transportation, and health!
You can also contribute to the Walktober dialogue by sharing your thoughts about walkability, photos of your walk, and anything else using the hashtag #WalktoberYYJ.
Walktober is a part of the CRD’s People Power program, funded with support from the Victoria Foundation and Traffic Safety Commission.
What is Walk On, Victoria?
Walk On, Victoria is Greater Victoria’s pedestrian advocacy group. Formed as a volunteer-run non-profit in September of 2014, Walk On, Victoria aims to give a voice to pedestrians and ultimately to make Victoria a safer and more enjoyable place for everyone to walk.
Check out our 2016-17 Strategic Plan to see what we’re up to this year.
If you want to help make Victoria more walkable, become a member!